Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with three different book parties that post on Fridays: First Line Friday, Friday Book Snippets, and Book Blogger Hop.
This week I have three books to share with you.
I actually set aside the book I started last week, because I figured I could read a different book faster because it was a lot shorter. Plus, it released this past week and I wanted to have it finished before the release date. That book is Murder Goes Flying by Malissa Chapin.
Then I started Deadly Schemes by Penny Zeller. This is the second book in her Close Proximity series. It also released this past week.
But then I realized I had a deadline coming up for another book I'm on the launch team for, so I set Deadly Schemes aside to read Watched by Jerusha Agen.
First Line Friday
(Please join Carrie for First Line Friday.)
Here are my First Line Friday selections:
Murder Goes Flying by Malissa Chapin:
"Piper Haydn's book had fallen upside down into the grass, and music blared through her headphones as she dozed in the chaise lounge in her backyard."
Sounds like something I would do, minus being outside.
Deadly Schemes by Penny Zeller:
"What happened last night hadn't really need to happen."
That sounds like regret but maybe not, seeing as I remember in the first book of this series the first chapter is from the POV of the villain. So, I wondered what exactly had happened.
Watched by Jerusha Agen:
"'I wished I was dead.' Carrie Mason dabbed the damp tissue below her eye to catch another tear."
I noticed Carrie was speaking in the past tense, and was glad to see the first word of the next sentence was "but." And I realized, seeing as the MMC of this book is a psychiatrist, this was possibly one of his clients.
Friday Book Snippets
Friday Book Snippets is the new weekly blog party that has combined Book Beginnings on Friday and Friday56. Participants can link up at either Bemused & Bookish with Olivia or Head Full of Books with Anne. Here are the instructions:
Share two snippets (a sentence or short paragraph) from a) the book's opening and b) page 56 (or another page) from the book you are currently reading. No spoilers, please.
Here are my selections from page 56 or 56% of the way through the book:
Murder Goes Flying by Malissa Chapin:
"'I am not jealous. Take that back, Roosevelt Hale.'
'Oh, you are jealous, but I don't understand what set you off. Tell me now, otherwise I'm driving out to the airport to find out what happened.'
'You'll do no such thing.'
Rosie stood. 'Oh, I will. Care to try me? Tell me right now, or I'm outta here.'
Piper crossed her arms and glared."
Deadly Schemes by Penny Zeller:
"Sondria folded her hands in her lap. 'this man named Mr. Lenz paid me a visit and wanted to buy my house.'
'Oh?'
'I don't want to sell, but it was like he didn't want to take no for an answer.'
'Did he threaten you?'
'No, not really, and I couldn't see his eyes behind his sunglasses, but he seemed none too happy with my answer. He visited me several times.'"
Watched by Jerusha Agen
"Robert grabbed Monty's attacker by the arm.
Too late. He'd let go of Monty.
After throwing her over the railing.
Epinephrine surged through Robert, delaying his shock and the horror that tried to freeze him.
The man in the black jacket and mask swung a punch."
Book Blogger Hop.
The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Billy over at Ranblings of a Coffee-Addicted Writer. The hop occurs weekly, starting on Friday and ending the following Thursday, featuring a specific book-related prompt each week. The main goal is to connect bloggers, encouraging them to follow each other, discover new titles, and grow their audience.
This week's question is: If you could recommend one overlooked book, what would it be and why?
My answer: I really can't think of anything.
And now it is time to share my current Reviews:
As I mentioned above, there are books I have shared on my past Friday Fun posts that I have not finished. However, I did finish two of the books shared above. Here are the reviews:
Murder Goes Flying by Malissa Chapin
Watched by Jerusha Agen





Little bits of these three books make me want to read all three!
ReplyDeleteCertainly some tantalizing snippets here!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea to exp and your share of snippets. I am especially attracted to Watched. What is going on?
ReplyDelete