Friday, September 14, 2018

Friday Fun - September 14 2018

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

Though books 5 and 6 of the Keeper of the Lost Cities series by Shannon Messenger are now in my possession, it appears it is going to be quite the wait for book number 4. Seems we are second in line, which means if the book gets returned on time it will still be another month before we get it. I can't believe there is only one copy in our entire library system (of 50 libraries). I did start The Land of Stories: The Enchantress Returns by Chris Colfer, but I sort of put it aside when I spied a new book in the I Am Number Four Series at the library. 


The Legacy Chronicles: Trial By Fire by Pittacus Lore is a collection of three short stories that feature Sam and Six from the I am Number Four series. This story takes place "behind the scenes" while the events of Generation One are taking place (from what I can figure).  When I found this book, I was also thrilled to see the sequel to Generation One was also out. I can't wait to read Fugitive Six in the Legacies Reborn series, but first I plan on reading Generation One, as it has been awhile. So, today's Book Beginnings and Friday 56 are coming from Generation One and The Legacy Chronicles Trial by Fire


Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my book beginnings for Generation One by Pittacus Lore.

"The week before the invasion, Kopano's father, Udo, sold their TV. Despite his mother's fervent prayers for his father to find a new job, Udo was unemployed and they were three months behind on rent."

Didn't quite know where this was going at all, when I first read it last year. It was quite a bit different from the I am Number Four series. But I am glad I stuck with it, even with all these new characters and such.

Here is my book beginnings for The Legacy Chronicles: Trial By Fire by Pittacus Lore.

The city was coming back to life. As Six and Sam walked up Fifth Avenue in Manhattan's middle latitudes, they were surrounded by crews repairing the damage from the Mogadorian invasion that had taken place more than a year earlier. While huge swaths of the city had been reduced to rubble, new buildings were rising from the ashes of the old."

Now this is more of what I expected to hear from a followup of the I am Number Four series. Of course, I have already read Generation One, so I know what is going on. But it was so nice to see Sam and Six again. I couldn't wait to read the rest of this book.

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections. 

Generation One by Pittacus Lore

"She nodded. "Yeah. I'm fine. Just tired. Then, Taylor reached for the salt and the little glass shaker slid across the table right into her waiting palm. The looked at each other."

The Legacy Chronicles: Trial By Fire by Pittacus Lore

"Six took it. A moment later, she felt a warmth penetrate her skin. Surprised, she looked into Edwige's face. The girl looked back at her, expressionless, and almost imperceptibly shook her head. She held Six's hand for another moment, then let go. Six ran her fingertips over her palm. There was no cut."

2 comments:

  1. I need to check out this series further, it looks fantastic! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of these days I think I'll have to try this series. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!