Friday, May 10, 2024

Friday Fun - May 10, 2024

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with three different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays, the Friday 56, and First Line Friday.

This week I have two books to share with you.

I read For a Lifetime by Gabrielle Meyer. I was so excited when my preordered book arrived earlier than scheduled. I couldn't help myself. I gave into temptation and zinged through it. 


I am reading Secondary Target by Angela Carlisle as a member of the launch team. 


        Book Beginnings on Friday     


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

and

First Line Friday


(Please join C arrie for First Line Friday.)

Here are my Book Beginnings/First Line Friday selections:

  For a Lifetime by Gabrielle Meyer:

"It was a strange reality to be on the precipice of tragedy and not be able to stop it."

Knowing this series, and knowing where and when the main characters were living, I could definitely see where she was coming from. I couldn't wait to find out how they were going to survive the upcoming tragedy.

Secondary Target by Angela Carlise:

"Security alarms shattered the autumn morning's tranquility."

That sounded concerning. And I really liked the author's choice of using the word "shattered." 

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is normally hosted over at Freda's Voice. But Anne from My Head is Full of Books is taking over for a while. 

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections:

For a Lifetime by Gabrielle Meyer:
 
"What I did know was that God had created me for this time and place, as Luc had said. That was irrefutable--especially with the time-crossing gift I had inherited. And I would live this life to the fullest."

Secondary Target by Angela Carlisle:

"She studied his face. Something in his expression bothered her, and it was more than concern over a hit-and-run or a reckless prankster. Her dad was afraid. Last night, she could have attributed it to the immediate danger of the situation. Today, she might have expected him to be frustrated--angry, even--but not still afraid."

Reviews:

Last week I shared three books in my Friday Fun post. Here are my reviews for two of them. I am still reading Protecter by Megan Schaulis:


And here is my review for The Girl of the Hidden Forest by Hannah Linder.

2 comments:

  1. Security alarms CAN destroy, I mean "shatter" the calm environment. Good word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday!
    I'm currently finishing up Love's Winding Road by Susan F. Craft. It's a pretty adventurous story!
    "Her heart pounded as visions of Daniel danced through her mind."
    I hope you have an excellent weekend with LOTS of fun reading time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!