Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with three different book parties that post on Fridays: First Line Friday, Friday Book Snippets, and Book Blogger Hop.
This week I have two books to share with you.
I read The Accident by A.M. Heath
I'm starting The Marquess's Masked Archer by Abbey Downey. This is the first book in her Headliners and Heartstrings series.
First Line Friday
(Please join Carrie for First Line Friday.)
Here are my First Line Friday selections:
The Accident by A.M. Heath:
"Chris 6:03pm:
I've been in a car accident."
Oh no, that's not good. At least Chris is able to text though.
The Marquess's Masked Archer by Abbey Downey:
"Another summer on the island meant another round of unwanted suitors being paraded in front of her."
Didn't sound like she was looking forward to the summer.
Friday Book Snippets
Friday Book Snippets is the new weekly blog party that has combined Book Beginnings on Friday and Friday56. Participants can link up at either Bemused & Bookish with Olivia or Head Full of Books with Anne. Here are the instructions:
Share two snippets (a sentence or short paragraph) from a) the book's opening and b) page 56 (or another page) from the book you are currently reading. No spoilers, please.
Here are my selections from page 56 or 56% of the way through the book:
The Accident by A.M. Heath:
"Her actions deserve punishment (not on my account, mind you. I'm not bothered by her lying to me. But it's her ongoing relationship with a virtual stranger that scares us both and deserves the focus), but not your wrath. Not your silent treatment."
The Marquess's Masked Archer by Abbey Downey:
"A twinkly lit his eyes, and Sylvie had the distinct impression he was talking in riddles on purpose. But rather than feeling put out about it, an intoxicating lightness filled her chest, and an answering smile crept across her lips."
Book Blogger Hop.
The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Billy over at Ranblings of a Coffee-Addicted Writer. The hop occurs weekly, starting on Friday and ending the following Thursday, featuring a specific book-related prompt each week. The main goal is to connect bloggers, encouraging them to follow each other, discover new titles, and grow their audience.
This week's question is: What's the best investment you've made for your blog.
My answer: Really, the only investment I've made it my time. Which is probably why I'm not a successful blogger.
And now it is time to share my current Reviews:
Last week I shared about three book. I had finished my reviews for two of them last week, but I forgot to link them. Oops. I also finished the third book. So, here are my reviews, with the links this time.
Also, I finished a book that I shared about several weeks ago. Here is that review:




Time is the most valuable asset in my opinion.
ReplyDeleteYour snippets are wonderful! The Accident has me especially intrigued.