Friday, September 18, 2026

Murder Goes Flying by Malissa Chapin Review

 


Murder Goes Flying by Malissa Chapin is a wonderful Christian cozy mystery. It is book four in her Piper Haydn Piano Mystery series and I was so glad to be able to visit with Piper and her best friend Rosie again. Though, of course, another book means poor Piper is dealing with another mystery she would rather not be dealing with. Which also means Rosie is again going to be pulling Piper into trying to solve the mystery, even though they have repeatedly been told to let the police handle it. . . 

In this book Piper's brother has purchased an old war plane and is planning on entering a competition. Which has Piper all worried because he isn't the most responsible of people. But her cousins arrive to help get the plane in tiptop shape and there are plenty of people reassuring Piper that her brother Chase will be just fine, also reminding her to trust in the Lord. And then the unthinkable happens even before it is time for the competition. What exactly caused the accident that put multiple people in the hospital? Was there sabotage? Of course Rosie wanted Piper to help her figure out what had happened. 

As the reader, I would say there was a clue that was quite obvious, though I did have to wonder if it was there to lead us astray. The biggest mystery was trying to figure out WHY someone would sabotage Chase's dream, and endanger other people. I enjoyed following Piper and Rosie as they tried to figure out what was going on. At the same time we got to see friends rally around them because of this tragedy. I loved getting to see more of each of the women from the different businesses in Cranberry Harbor. I loved the small town love. 

I admit, there were times I was frustrated with Piper when it came to her attitude toward Police Chief Maxwell. I had hoped to see their relationship continue in a positive way, but she was dealing with some insecurities and there were definitely barriers to their relationship in this book. I'm hoping to see more of their relationship in the next book. 

All in all, I loved this book and highly recommend it, especially if you are a fan of faith filled cozy mysteries. I would also recommend reading the previous books first. Yes, each books' mystery is a stand alone story, but you will miss the progression of the relationships in the series, plus there are mentions of events from past books which could be spoilerish. 

I received an e-copy of this book from the publisher and was not required to write a favorable review. These are my own honest thoughts. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!