Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with three different book parties that post on Fridays: First Line Friday, Friday Book Snippets, and Book Blogger Hop.
This week I have two books to share with you.
I read Fatal Finale by Nancy Mehl. This is the third and final book in her Erin Delaney Mysteries.
I started In Fairy Tales & Fraud by Heather Tabers. This is the second book in her Words & War series which releases next week.
First Line Friday
(Please join Carrie for First Line Friday.)
Here are my First Line Friday selections:
Fatal Finale by Nancy Mehl:
"Kaely's eyes fluttered open, and she tried to focus on her surroundings."
I knew the story was about her getting kidnapped, so I wondered if she was already captured here or if it was something else.
In Fairy Tales & Fraud by Heather Tabers:
"The only thing worse than a fussing woman is two fussing women and I have a pair of them frettin' over me something fierce."
Okay, why two women and who were they and why were they frettin'?
Friday Book Snippets
Friday Book Snippets is the new weekly blog party that has combined Book Beginnings on Friday and Friday56. Participants can link up at either Bemused & Bookish with Olivia or Head Full of Books with Anne. Here are the instructions:
Share two snippets (a sentence or short paragraph) from a) the book's opening and b) page 56 (or another page) from the book you are currently reading. No spoilers, please.
Here is my selection from page 56 or 56% of the way through the book:
Fatal Finale by Nancy Mehl:
"After the last dream, when Grace pleaded with him to avenge her murder, he woke up sobbing. He knew he had to follow through. What could anyone do to him?"
In Fairy Tales & Fraud by Heather Tabers:
"Adele works her lower lip between her teeth. 'I'm so sorry. Maybe I misunderstood. Maybe I heard wrong.'
I shake my head. 'It's alright. I'll head over to the airfield after our shift and find out what's going on.'
She nods, then drops her gaze to her lap, where she picks at her thumbnail."
Book Blogger Hop.
The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Billy over at Ranblings of a Coffee-Addicted Writer. The hop occurs weekly, starting on Friday and ending the following Thursday, featuring a specific book-related prompt each week. The main goal is to connect bloggers, encouraging them to follow each other, discover new titles, and grow their audience.
This week's question is: Do you run more than one blog? If so, how do you manage your time?
My answer: Not anymore. I used to also have a homeschool blog and that one actually took up the majority of my time. And I have one where I shared my healthy eating, but that one went to the wayside too.
And now it is time to share my current Reviews:
Last week I shared about one book. Here's my review:
And here is the review for the first book I shared about above:




Your second book first snippet made me laugh about women fussing over him. Have a wonderful weekend.
ReplyDeleteI've never had the time for more than one blog. I struggle to keep up my one blog and Instagram. Here's my Book Blogger Hop: https://bonniereadsandwrites.com/2026/10/09/book-blogger-hop-more-than-one-blog/#comment-12238
ReplyDeleteThe dream snippet sounds tough. I don't dream about having to avenge murders, but I understand being so moved by a dream, for whatever reason, that I wake up crying.
ReplyDelete