Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Musing Monday and Teaser Tuesday

MizB over at Should Be Reading hosts both:


and

teasertuesdays31

It has been a while since I linked up to these, so of course at 2 in the morning I decide to play along.  Because it is so late I did decide posting together would save some time.

This week’s musing asks…
Where do you buy / get most of your books?
I would have to say the majority of my books come from the library as we just don't have the cash to go out and buy books.  I love to read, but to own all the books I read would be crazy.  (You wouldn't know I read lots of books the way my challenges this summer have been going, oh well)  Besides, we wouldn't have the room to store them.  I figure they will most likely be at the library if I want to read them again.
I do, however, find books at the thrift shop occasionally.  Sometimes I purchase them for the church library, other times they are for me.  Can't go wrong at 10-25 cents a piece.  Of course these are all older books.  But I have found some great classics this way, great for the homeschool book shelves.
My 3rd source of books, which is only just starting up, is getting them through book review offers from publishers, like Book Sneeze and Bethany House.  Once again, they may end up in the church library though.

Now for Teaser Tuesday.  This book was found at the library in town (I usually go to the one in the nearby town because it is bigger and their interlibrary loan program and the availability of their books is so much better) It is an intriguing new young adult book called Time Riders by Alex Scarrow.  I love time travel books and movies, so I picked it up and I have to tell you, I have had a hard time putting it down.

page 122 "Foster nodded. 'Tonight is special,' he said. 'I always think of this evening as the last one of the "old" New York."

6 comments:

  1. Ooh! time travel!! How interesting! And the "old" New York ad opposed to the "new" New York? Mine is at:
    The Delusional Diaries
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder why he thought the night was special? Might need to look up the blurb. Thanks for sharing :)

    here's my Tuesday Teaser for the week

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I saw this book last time I was at the book store and kept meaning to look it up and see what people thought of it. i'll be interested in seeing our opinion once you have finished it.

    my teaser can be found here:
    http://readingisdreamy.blogspot.com/2010/09/teaser-tuesday-guardians-of-gahoole.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to look this book up! It sounds like a good read-together book for my boy and myself!

    Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

    ReplyDelete
  5. A) My challenges are so pathetic this year I am afraid to even look at what I have NOT read... ugh.. and B) I LOVE time travel books! And C) first time to your blog, great job! And I'm a brand new follower!

    Heres my teaser:
    http://bookblabbing.blogspot.com/2010/09/teaser-tuesday-clockwork-angel-again.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!