Saturday, July 14, 2018

Friday Fun- July 14th, 2018

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Friday and the Friday 56. Sadly, I guess there is no more Friday Finds. Not sure when she stopped posting them; however, seeing as I haven't posted in a year I can't really talk. Going to try to be more diligent in posting here though.

I am currently participating in the summer reading program for adults at my library, so I have quite a few books out of the library. I have three books I would like to share about today.   


Kiss by Ted Dekker and Erin Healy is the book I just finished. Took me a day. Thankfully we were on the road, on our way home from vacation and I had hours to just read. 

THR3E by Ted Dekker is a book I took out from the library last year for summer reading program, but I never got to it. I decided I should try again, especially after realizing how much I enjoyed Kiss.

Keeper of the Lost Cities: Everblaze by Shannon Messenger is book three of the Keeper of the Lost Cities series that I was recently introduced to. I fell in love with the story immediately. The only reason I was able to read Kiss is because I was waiting for this book to become available through inter-library loan. 

Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here are my book beginnings:

Kiss by Ted Dekker and Erin Healy

"The view from my therapist's window is unremarkable. Four stories down, the parking lot blacktop ripples under waves of Texas's blazing summer heat. I stand here facing the view because it's easier to look at then the two men in the office behind me."

This beginning intrigued me and I was definitely drawn in to read further. Why was she in a therapist's office? Why didn't she want to look at the men behind her? Who were they? I'm so glad I stuck it out with this book.

THR3E by Ted Dekker

"The office had no windows, only electric lanterns to light the hundreds of spines standing in their cherry wood bookcases. A single lawyer's lamp spread its yellow hue over the leather-topped desk."

I honestly am not sure what to think of this first sentence. It definitely isn't drawing me in as the other book did. However, the information on the book flap has intrigued me, so I will give this book a try.

Keeper of the Lost Cities: Everblaze by Shannon Messenger

"The mirror slipped from Sophie's hands, landing on the petal-covered carpet with the softest thud. Both sides of the glass survived the crash without cracking. But inside, Sophie shattered."

Oh dear, this is quite a nerve-wracking opening to the third book of the series. Knowing all the hardship Sophie has been through and the challenges that stand against her, I can't wait to see what's happening this time. 

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections. 

Kiss by Ted Dekker and Erin Healy

"She cried out and opened her eyes. She saw stars . . . through a window. A window over . . . the head of a bed. Her bed. Wayne was sitting on her bed, leaning over here, holding her wrists down on the mattress."

THR3E by Ted Dekker

"Kevin stared at them. It had been a long time since he'd seen them like this. They'd slipped into their role-playing on the fly. For the moment he didn't even exist. It was hard to imagine he grew up with these two.'"

Keeper of the Lost Cities: Everblaze by Shannon Messenger

"'They jumped off the mountain together, screaming and flailing until the sky cracked open and they plummeted into the void."

2 comments:

  1. I think I'll have to look into the Keeper of Lost Cities series. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read Thr3e and it was alright, but would like to read Kiss. Love Ted Dekker! Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!