Thursday, September 17, 2026

Watched by Jerusha Agen Review

 

Oh my goodness, another awesome book by Jerusha Agen! I have been loving her Christian romantic suspense series, Windy City Westons, a series where each book focuses on one of five siblings. And finally it was time to read about Robert. Like the other books in the series it is dual point of view, so we get to see the story from the FMC's POV too. Monty Montgomery is also part of a family with several siblings (and I have to say, I'm sort of hoping the author will write a series for these siblings as well, because I loved getting to know them along with the Weston family siblings). 

Robert Weston is a psychiatrist who is very proud of his mental capabilities and his job of being able to help others. However, he is currently the defendant in a medical malpractice suit because one of his clients tried to commit suicide. Additionally, he is suddenly questioning his own mental faculties because of little things that are happening that he doesn't remember doing, appointments he's missing or late to, among other things. 

Monty is the attorney who is representing him, though at first she wishes she didn't have to, seeing as she can't stand him. Also, due to a past failed relationship, she is also unsure if she can trust him, especially when he keeps doing weird things. When it seems like they might be getting closer, obstacles keep appearing. Of course, it also doesn't help that Robert is not a Christian while Monty is. 

Of course, this is a romantic SUSPENSE book, so of course there is suspense, and plenty of it. Not only do strange things keep happening to Robert, which as a reader I figured couldn't be what he was afraid of, but Monty starts getting threats because she is representing him. Threats that continue to escalate as the story progresses. I mean, I was already drawn in and invested in this book because of Robert being falsely accused of malpractice, but the danger and twists kept me glued to the book, zinging through the pages.

One of the biggest questions was whether the weird things happening to Robert were being committed by the same person who was threatening Monty. Were they connected or not? There were so many suspects, some that seemed a lot more likely than others. I was definitely surprised by the reveal. 

As with her previous books, the author has written a book where faith is very important in the characters' lives. We see how Monty leans on the Lord, though, I appreciate that we see, that yes, she is human, and has struggles. With Monty, I was hoping that Robert would learn that their is a mind that he needed to rely on that was way more powerful than his. 

I was definitely invested in this book and these characters' lives. I loved getting to see the siblings from both families, and get an update on the main characters from the first two books. And I can not wait to read Treese's story in book four.

Highly recommended!

I received an e-copy of this book from the publisher and was not required to write a favorable review. These are my own honest thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!