Thursday, October 19, 2023

The Fairest Beauty by Melanie Dickerson Review

 

I was hoping to enjoy The Fairest Beauty as much as I did the other books I have read by Melanie Dickerson. Unfortunately, this is my least favorite of her books.

I loved the premise of the story. A medieval retelling of Snow White. It started out great and drew me in. But as I've seen other reviewers state, there was just so much angst and internal thoughts by both Gabe and Sophie pining over each other, even though they were both betrothed to another. I get it, Gabe came to save Sophie from horrid circumstances. But they hardly knew each other, yet fell for each other hard. And we're focusing on tingling and each other's looks. And how was it focusing on God's will to be pining for someone promised to another? How was THAT being more responsible?

I really did love the way the author twisted this story into the retelling, but the constant thinking of each other, and then pining that they couldn't have each other, and not sure what they should do got old. And the writing seemed so different than the previous books. Seemed more juvenile maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!