Sunday, November 12, 2023

It Came Upon a Midnight Clear by A.M. Heath Review

 

Wow, I loved this third book of the Christmas in Garland collection by A.M.Heath. It dawned on me while reading this book that the author has included sports in some way into all these books so far.

This story dealt with the hard topic of being pregant out of wedlock and facing the future being a single mom becaue of giving in to sin. Alissa is having a hard time believing that God can forgive her sin. She is struggling with being alone and abandoned.

Stephen was an NFL athlete until an injury left him unable to play and is having a hard time understanding why God would allow it to happen, especially because he felt God had called him to be able to reach people through the life he had. He comes to Alissa's aunt's inn for some relaxation.

Though these are some difficult topics to be reading about, God's truth shines through and I loved seeing the friendship developing between Alissa and Stephen, along with the two elderly ladies staying at the inn and the next door neighbor boy who has found a mentor in Stephen.

I loved that there were some hilarious scenes among the seriousness. I enjoyed all the fun Chrsitmas related activities among the struggles.

I admit I was a bit confused as to why Alissa's aunt, the owner of the inn, didn't keep in contact with her while she was away. Or why Alissa didn't reach out to her aunt when she was strugging with some things. But I did love the way the people at the inn joined together to get things done, showing love and grace and caring.

It Came Upon a Midnight Clear was a wonderful book and I can't wait to read the fourth book, Movie-made Romance. Thankfully, I have the opportunity to read the ARC, so can dive right in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!