Saturday, November 11, 2023

The Engagement Cover by A.M. Heath Review

 


I just finished the second book in the Christmas in Garland series by A.M. Heath. The Engagement Cover was another great Christmas novella set in Garland, TN. This truly is a stand alone story, i mention this because it is important to me to know if stories in series or collections connect at all when it comes to the characters. There is a scene in the same diner that appears in Project Scrooge, and having read the first book will bring back memories, but it's okay not to have read it. I really enjoyed reading about Teresa and her little triangle with Justin and Alex. And really, it wasnt one of her own making. That blame goes to her family as they want to make her abuela happy in her last days.

We get a bit of backstory with her and Alex in the prologue. But then a couple of years pass and she meets Justin. She ends up in a relationship with him, yet he isn't around much, so Alex becomes a substitute, which sounds really bad, but there are circumstances and reason that I dont want to spoil. But of course, then feelings get complicated. I don't want to say too much for fear of giving anything away.

Even though I was not a fan of the lying I saw it in the spirit it was done, out of love. That said, I am glad there came a time when they realized they weren't trusting in God and things changed. I was not a fan of Justin at all, and couldn't quite understand why Teresa didn't see that relationship for what it was.

I did very much enjoy the story, and the sense of the importance of family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!