Thursday, February 8, 2024

26 Below by Kimberley Woodhouse Review


Chilling suspense set in Alaska.

Though it took me a bit to get into 26 Below by Kimberley Woodhouse, I really enjoyed it. I had started it last year, but had to set it aside. So, when I needed a book with a number in the title for a reading challenge last month, I knew what I wanted to read. I sure wish I hadnt had to set it aside last year, because after I got into the story, it was really gripping. I needed to know for sure who was behind this threat of disaster once the temperature hit 26 Below zero. 

We get to see the story from multiple points of view. There are Darcie and Jason who are working to prevent the problem with their team. There is Natalie, an elderly woman who appears to have Alzheimer's who has overheard the bad guys' plot but can't get people to listen to her. And then there is the point of view from one of the criminals. But exactly WHO is the mastermind?

There's quite a bit of suspense and there are twists. There's quite a bit of killing, but nothing graphic.
Then there's a twist at the end leading in to the next book. Which I can't wait to read by the way.
Definitely a book I recommend and a great start to the series.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!