Tuesday, February 27, 2024

One Wrong Move by Dani Pettrey Review

 


Wow, what a great romantic suspense by Dani Pettrey. I loved her Alaskan Courage series, but I hadn't read anything by her since then, which was about three years ago . When I saw One Wrong Move on the "new inspirational fiction" shelf at my small rural library, I had to grab it up. I actually have other books I should be reading, but once I opened it to check it out, I could NOT put it down. I love when a book grabs me from page one and just keeps going.

This is a story about second chances. We see the story from multiple points of view, both the good guys and the bad guys.

Christian O'Brady is a former con-artist/thief, raised that way by his parents, and he continued his life of crime until turning his life around thanks to Jesus. He's now involved in installing security systems and finds himself called in to figure out how the crooks in a current string of heists has gotten past his security in art galleries. Of course, he himself is a suspect because of installing the security systems, and because of his background.

He teams up with Andi Forester, an insurance investigator who used to be with the FBI, but she was accused of royally botching some evidence.

They join with Christian's siblings Deckard and Riley, Andi’s best friend Harper, and Greyson who used to own the P.I. business, to not only track down these art thieves, but also to clear Andi’s name. I had to wonder throughout the book whether the two cases were connected or not.

There was great suspense, and there were twists and our protagonists were in peril multiple times. The author knows how to get her readers on the edge of their seats and get the blood pumping, that's for sure. I love how the story unfolded and how everything came together. And I loved seeing Christian and Andi's relationship evolve. Plus there were a couple other maybe-relationships brewing. Knowing this was the first book of a series makes me hope we'll see more of these same main characters and get to see relationships grow. This is a wonderful book and one I highly recommend. And now I need to get my hands on more of her books.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!