Friday, September 21, 2018

Friday Fun - September 21st, 2018

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

Well, we are still waiting on book 4 in the Keeper of the Lost Cities series by Shannon Messenger. I do still have the Lorien Legacies Reborn series in the library book box, but I decided I needed to finish the Land of Stories books we have out first, seeing as they will be due sooner. Plus, I stopped The Enchantress Returns halfway through. So, I actually finished that book, plus the third in the series, A Grimm Warning, and am now reading book number four in this fun, imaginative tale by Chris Colfer called Beyond the Kingdoms.

Today I will be sharing my Book Beginnings and Friday 56 from these two books.


Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my book beginnings for The Land of Stories: A Grimm Warning by Chris Colfer.

"It was no mystery why this part of the countryside had been christened the Black Forest. The abnormally dark leaves and tree bark were nearly impossible to see in the night."

This is from the prologue, and it was a bit different than how the other books in the series began. I honestly had no clue what was going on, but was eager to find out. This seen took place 200 years prior to the events in the story and I was so curious how they fit into the story.

Here is my book beginnings for The Land of Stories: Beyond the Kingdoms by Chris Colfer.

"In the cozy study of his home, Hans Christian Andersen was busy writing at his desk."

Well, having read book 3, I had a better idea where this prologue was coming from, and I was quite intrigued. I couldn't wait to read more back story.

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections. 

The Land of Stories: A Grimm Warning by Chris Colfer

"They hadn't said a word to Conner since the school year began. Instead, they would just stare daggers at him from afar-as if he had publicly humiliated them in the past and never apologized for it."

The Legacy Chronicles: Trial By Fire by Pittacus Lore

"No matter how logical it was to her, the Fairy Council refused to believe the two were connected. Alex did the best she could to keep her frustration in check, but she could feel it bubbling up inside her like a volcano."

2 comments:

  1. I don't think it is really my kind of story, but I'm glad you are liking them. See what book Susan is featuring this week at Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fantastic fantasy series, one that I might enjoy too! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!