Friday, September 28, 2018

Friday Fun - September 28th, 2018

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

Yep, we are still waiting on book 4 in the Keeper of the Lost Cities series by Shannon Messenger. If the person who has it out from the library returns it on time, we have about a three week wait. Which puts us really really close to the release of book 7. Tabitha is really hoping to read the rest of the series before book 7 is released, as am I. 

Last week I had mentioned that I had the Lorien Legacies Reborn series in the library book box but was waiting to read them until I was done with The Land of Stories. Today I realized the second book in that series is due, so I put the Land of Stories book down and picked up Generation One, because I can't remember very many details as I read it a year ago. So, I am reading two books: The Land of Stories: An Author's Odyssey by Chris Colfer, and Generation One by Pittacus Lore. As I shared snippets from Generation One a couple of weeks ago, today I will be sharing from An Author's Odyssey.


Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my book beginnings for The Land of Stories: An Author's Odyssey by Chris Colfer.

From the Prologue:

"Willow Crest Unified School District spared no expense celebrating the retirement of a beloved principal. The community banquet hall was decorated so elegantly, there wasn't a trace of Senior Bingo from the night before."

Well, that was a bit different. Obviously this was back in the real world and I knew who the retirement party was for. The question was, why was the author coming back here. I thought I might know, but I wasn't quite sure.

From Chapter 1:

"The air was filled with so much smoke, you could barely see the sky. Every time it was cleared by a strong wind, it was quickly replenished from another pillaged town or forest fire."

Well, things aren't looking good for the fairy tale world at the beginning of this book. No surprise for anyone who read the previous book. But it sure was a bit depressing to see how bad things had gotten.

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here is my Friday 56 selection.

 The Land of Stories: An Author's Odyssey by Chris Colfer

"'You will get what I promised once the royals have been recaptured and executed,' the Masked Man said, 'You agreed to make me an emperor, and I won't be a true emperor until all my adversaries have been destroyed!'"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!