Saturday, March 19, 2022

Friday Fun- March 18th, 2022

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

I am reading two books. The first is Torrent by Lisa T. Bergren. This is the third book in the River of Time series. I'm having a very hard time putting it down, just like the first two. 


The second is Cross Fire, the second Holly novel by C.C. Warrens. This is another series I am finding it hard to put down. 



Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my book beginnings for Torrent by Lisa T. Bergren.

"We'd shaken the dust from the gowns the guys had left the three of us and slipped on our 'medieval disguises,' as I called them, but there wasn't a whole let we could do for Dad."

I was thrilled to learn that the third book was beginning immediately where book one ended. I had known, from the ending of Cascade, that their dad was now along for the time travel ride. And I couldn't wait to see how he reacted to all the new revelations from the past, including Marcello. 

Here is my book beginnings for Cross Fire by C.C. Warrens.

"The aroma of sweat and coconut shampoo filled the room, bringing to mind a tropical sweat lodge. I paced the outside of the rubber mat, casting wary looks at my opponent."

I wasn't quite sure what to think of this opening. It didn't start off right where the previous book left off. So, now I am wondering how much time has elapsed. Knowing the way the ending got me all in a state of concern for Holly, knowing there is someone else out there ready to "get her," it sounds like she is possibly trying to learn some self-defense.

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here is my Friday 56 selection.

Torrent by Lisa T. Bergren

"I wanted to dance. Not in the provincial, hoity-toity manner of the nobility within the Palazzo Pubblico, but in the earthy, celebratory way of the people outside, moving with so much joy, so much momentum, their breath clouded before their faces in the cold, dark night as they passed by."

Cross Fire by C.C. Warrens

"Tears clung to my eyelashes when I looked at him. 'Maybe.' Maybe if I had just given him what he wanted, if I had cried the way the other children had, he never would've-"

1 comment:

  1. They both sound liek great reads!!! Happy weekend! (And happy 1st day of Spring!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!