Saturday, March 26, 2022

Friday Fun- March 25th, 2022

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

This week I finished the first book of The Dancing Realms series Hidden Current by Sharon Hinck. What a wonderful start to this fantasy series that also shares biblical truths. 


And I am currently in the middle of Forsaken Island, the second book in The Dancing Realms series by Sharon Hinck. 



Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my book beginnings for Hidden Current by Sharon Hinck.

"Destiny is measured in inches. One move in the wrong direction or one faulty gesture can erase a lifetime of preparation. The weight of that truth tightened my muscles as I lined up for class with the other novitiates."

I admit, I was confused by the first sentence, and then the second didn't really help much. But by the third I was sort of getting an idea where the story was beginning seeing as I knew this series is the "dancing realms." It made me want to continue reading as fast as I could to see what she was preparing for and what was causing the tension.

Here is my book beginnings for Forsaken Island also by Sharon Hinck.

"Across the sweep of waves, the new world called to me. Sea breezes tickled my skin, stirring excitement and making my muscles twitch."

Knowing how the first book ended, I was excited to learn what new adventures awaited across the waves.

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here is my Friday 56 selection.

I forgot to get a quote from Hidden Current before I returned it to the library.

Forsaken Island by Sharon Hinck

"I studied their dance, a line that circled first one way and then another. Did their patterns influence their world in the same way that dance could shape life on Meriel?"

1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!