Friday, October 14, 2022

Friday Fun - October 14, 2022

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

This week I have two books to share with you. 

I read Come Back to Me by Jody Hedlund last year and have been patiently waiting for the second book to arrive in my library system. I finally decided to ask my other library if they could get it in. I was thrilled when I realized my "Blind Date with a Book" book for October was Come Back to Me, because I realized they had gotten Never Leave Me in as well.


When I went in to grab my "Blind Date with a Book" selection, I also grabbed Never Leave Me by Jody Hedlund as well. I've been waiting so long to get to read this. 


Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my book beginnings for Come Back to Me by Jody Hedlund:

"'Your father is in a coma.'
'What did you say?' Marian Creighton fumbled with her phone and almost dropped it. 'I don't think I heard you correctly.'"

Quite the shocking beginning for poor Marian.

And here is my book beginnings for Never Leave Me by Jody Hedlund:

"'I'm dying, and we can't change that.' Even though Ellen Creighton spoke as softly and gently as possible, she could do nothing to soften the harshness of the truth."

Sadly, if the reader has read Come Back to Me, they already know this. I won't say any more for fear of giving something away.

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections.

Come Back to Me by Jody Hedlund:
 
"'So you think the second seed from the Tree of Life ended up in Canterbury?' What was she saying? Did she believe in the seeds now too? Was she going crazy right along with Harrison and her dad?"

Never Leave Me by Jody Hedlund:

"She almost didn't recognize his face without his thick glasses. He seemed younger, his cheeks and jaw more defined, his eyes more intense. 'Did you see Marian?' His expression was completely serious, as though seeing dead people was a normal, everyday occurrence."

3 comments:

  1. I'd read both books! :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED the first one even though it is not typically what I would read. I liked the second but didn't enjoy it as much as the first. I hope you love it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!