Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Review of Cross the Line by C.C. Warrens

 


I absolutely, 100% loved this book! I was thrilled to be able to continue Holly's story. The way Imperfect Justice ended, I wasn't sure if C.C. Warrens was planning to continue writing stories about Holly, and Marx, and Jordan, and Jace, and Sam. When I learned that Cross the Line was in the works, I was so excited. I was even more excited to be chosen to be on C.C. Warrens ARC Team, so I could read the book as soon as I could.
Each of these books have been a roller coaster of emotions, and this newest book was not any different. There wasn't as much in the heart breaking, devastation department as some of the other books, but this was definitely a thriller and very suspenseful at times. But the humor was there (especially in the interactions between Holly and Marx, and Holly and Jordan), just like it was in all the other books. I was constantly laughing out loud, causing my family to glance my way in concern. And I highlighted so many hilarious encounters.
But there was definitely a serious side as C.C. Warrens was dealing with the topic of prostitution. But the love of Christ shines through. Holly is Holly, and we see her thinking about others instead of herself, and heading into danger, even when told not to. If you've read the previous books, you know what I mean. And let me say, if you don't like spoilers, make sure to read all the previous books first so you are caught up with the story. And yes, that includes the novellas and the Seeking Justice books.
If you love thrillers, and twists and turns and misdirection, you'll love C.C. Warrens' Holly books, and this one is just as awesome as the rest of the series.
Thanks to the author for the chance to read an advanced reader copy. I was not required to write a favorable review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!