Song of the Khan by J.J. Fischer is an awesome third book of the Painted Wind series. I had a bit of trouble getting into it at first, but that was only because I was struggling to remember who everybody was, where we had left them all at the end of the last book, and what exactly was going on. As I continued in the story, my memory was constantly being jogged and I was sucked deeper into the world of the twin kingdoms.
The story is told from multiple points of view, the main ones being Rigan and Corcoran, and Isel and Soren. There are so many awesome characters surrounding the main characters, plus downright evil and traitorous characters trying to bring them down on multiple fronts.
The story has grown darker, starting with the first chapter, and it continued to grow darker still. There is war and prophecy, death and new life, and faith in the Divine Will. There are the two main love stories, plus other couples and families who become beloved as well. There are creatures of evil and of good. Plus fantastical fantasy creatures that come to the aid of our heroes. Including one that I didn't quite see coming until it was revealed and then I was like, oh yeah, that makes sense. Let's just say, this series has everything that I love in a fantasy story.
I am very curious about how the author is planning on working out this huge prophecy. There are biblical connections that have me a bit confused and maybe a tiny bit concerned with how she might be playing it out. And reading the prophecy it sure seems like there is going to be some heartbreak in the characters' future, which means there will be the need for tissues in the next book. I'm very much looking forward to the fourth and final book of the series, but I have a bit of trepidation as well.
I highly recommend this book, along with the rest of the series. And yes, you really do need to read this series in order.
I received an e-copy of this book from the publisher and was not required to write a favorable review. There are my own honest thoughts.






No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!