Friday, March 29, 2024

Friday Fun - March 29, 2024

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with three different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays, the Friday 56, and First Line Friday.

This week I have two books to share with you.

I'm reading When the Flames Ravaged by Rhonda Dragomir. 


I am also reading Always Think of Me by Lori Keesey as a part of the launch team. This book releases next week on April 2nd. 


        Book Beginnings on Friday     


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

and

First Line Friday


(Please join C arrie for First Line Friday.)


Here are my Book Beginnings/First Line Friday selections:

  When the Flames Ravaged by Rhonda Dragomir:

"A wiry roustabout removed his sweat-soaked cap and mopped his brow."

I'd never heard the word roustabout before so was a bit stumped at first, but I figured it out. Knowing when the book takes place, I figured this roustabout had been working hard in the summer heat.

Always Think of Me by Lori Keesey:

"Georgie, my brindled goofball of a canine, hated the river."

I had to wonder why the dog hated the river and wondered if I'd find out. I also wondered if the river was important to the story.

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is normally hosted over at Freda's Voice. But Anne from My Head is Full of Books is taking over for a while. 

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections:

When the Flames Ravaged by Rhonda Dragomir:
 
"Before she could douse the boys, Darla wrangled her aside. 'Get your head out of the sand, Evie. You need this job, and for now, Charlie needs you. Don't mess this up.' Darla pressed her forehead to Evelyn's. 'You can do this.' She drew back, but her eyes darted back and forth as she sought Evelyn's. ' Don't think about yesterday or tomorrow. Just today. Today you wait tables.'"

Always Think of Me by Lori Keesey:

"My heart sank. So much for finding the woman of my dreams. That had been Bryan's goal for me when we ventured out into the crowds. Why couldn't I be attracted to someone who wasn't attached or pining over a former love?"

Reviews:

Last week I shared two books in my Friday Fun post. Here are the links to my reviews. I still need to finish Love, Unscripted by Denise Hunter.

4 comments:

  1. I really like the looks of When the Flames Ravaged - I especially like the font. Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roustabout is a delightful word! Both of these books have stunning covers but I think Always Think of Me grabbed my attention the most with those quotes! I hope you have a lovely weekend :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. A brindled goofball is a great way to describe a dog! The book must be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've tempted me with those excerpts of When the Flames Ravaged. I think I might like that one! And I really like the cover of Always Think of Me. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!