Thursday, July 30, 2026

Friday Fun - July 31, 2026

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with four different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays, the Friday 56, First Line Friday, and Book Blogger Hop.

This week I have one book to share with you.

I'm starting Where We Belong by Kim Vogel Sawyer. 


        Book Beginnings on Friday    
 

(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

and

First Line Friday


(Please join Carrie for First Line Friday.)

Here is my Book Beginnings/First Line Friday selection:

 Where We Belong by Kim Vogel Sawyer:

"The subway car hissed to a stop, and Callum found himself jostled to and fro by those hurrying to exit while others hurried to board."

Just a normal day on a subway in NYC, though decades earlier than when I lived there. Though I wondered if it was leading to more frantic times.

Now for:
The Friday 56 


The Friday 56 is hosted by Anne from My Head is Full of Books. 

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here is my Friday 56 selection:

Where We Belong by Kim Vogel Sawyer:

"In spite of the unexpectedly stressful challenges of bringing three children into her household, walking Guy and Evelyn to school on a crisp, clear spring morning was a dream-come-true moment Hester would cherish for the rest of her life. She'd left Winnie in Scotty's keeping, uncertain how long it would take to complete enrollment. It seemed odd not to have all three children in tow, and the feeling told her that her heart was already binding itself to them."

Book Blogger Hop

I'm joining in with a fun blog hop I recently discovered.


The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Billy over at Ranblings of a Coffee-Addicted Writer. The hop occurs weekly, starting on Friday and ending the following Thursday, featuring a specific book-related prompt each week. The main goal is to connect bloggers, encouraging them to follow each other, discover new titles, and grow their audience.

This week's question is: If you had to stick to one genre forever, which would you choose and why?

My answer: That is such a tricky, unfair question. I have come to love so many genres through reading challenges and being on launch teams. Being willing to try new things. But, I guess I would have to go back to what my favorite used to be, Christian Suspense. It could be romantic or not, historical or modern day, but I do love the way suspense keeps me on the edge of my seat and zinging through the pages. 

And now it is time to share my current Reviews:

Last week I shared one book in my Friday Fun. Here's my review:


I still have one book to finish that I shared about a couple of weeks ago. I had set it aside to read Into a Golden Era, so I'm only about halfway through. I'll be sharing my review in next week's Friday Fun post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!