Thursday, July 30, 2026

Into a Golden Era by Gabrielle Meyer Review

 

I absolutely LOVE the Timeless series by Gabrielle Meyer. It has come to a point that I really can't pick a favorite book. They are all just awesome, including her most recent release, Into a Golden Era. I love the way she pairs up such appropriate eras for each of these books. In this story, Ally lives during the time of the Gold Rush and also the Golden Age of Hollywood. Perfection. 

We had already met some of the characters in this book, some briefly, some as main characters in their own books.  So, if you haven't read the previous books, I highly recommend not reading this review as their will be some spoilers from those books.

The main character in Into a Golden Era, Ally, is the daughter of Grace and Hope's mother from the third book, For a Lifetime, except she is the birth mother they never knew from their one path. So, yes, she is Grace and Hope's sister, sort of. Ally was briefly introduced, along with her two other sisters, toward the end of For a Lifetime, though I can't remember if they had names back then. I love that Tacy is an important character in this book, as we knew very little about her. I also love that Grace and her daughters, especially Kathryn who was the main character in book 5, Every Hour Until Then, are a part of this book. However, Into the Golden Era takes place before the events of Kathryn's book. 

Okay, yes, I admit, it sounds confusing. I find myself looking back at the other books and at the family tree just to keep everyone straight in my head. But, these books are so worth the read. I loved the concept as soon as I learned about it in the first book, When the Day Comes. And the author has expanded this world so awesomely. 

In Into a Golden Era I felt like Ally did. I couldn't decide which time period I wanted her to choose to live in after her 25th birthday. I loved both of her time periods. She has a loving father and sister in 1849, both of whom she is trying to support after her father becomes ill. They find themselves in a dangerous section of California after they travel there because of her plan to find gold to help her family. Here she meets Sam, who is supposed to be a notorious criminal, but there just might be more to his story. 

In her 1929 life time she is an actress working for her family's studio. A studio that is struggling due to the rise of the big studios. They have one last chance to try to save the studio with their upcoming production of Little Women. She suddenly finds herself in a contract which has her fake dating a famous actor who has been caught up in a scandal. The thing is, will she be able to help his reputation, or will her associating with him ruin her reputation?

The thing I found most intriguing about this story when I first learned about it, was knowing that events that she had read would happen suddenly change around her when she wakes up one morning. And she then learns that her future, along with someone else's, is in peril. But, she knows she will forfeit that path if she tries to change things. 

I was glued to the book, needing to know how the author would work everything out. She threw in awesome twists and, once again, I wasn't sure which time Ally would ultimately choose. I loved the historical details that were included, though the author does share specifics in her Author's Note at the end of the book, so the reader can see what was read and what was fictionalized. 

Yes, this book was wonderful and I loved it and the ending was just perfect. The only bummer is that she is now only releasing one Timeless book a year, instead of two. So, I have a year to wait to read the next book. 

I highly recommend this book and, yes, this series. Make sure to read them in order though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!