Thursday, September 10, 2026

The One I Never Forgot by Mandy Boerma Review

 

The One I Never Forgot by Mandy Boerma is a great first book in the Fox Grove series. There are three novellas in this series and each one is written by a different author. In this first story, we are introduced to one of three friends who will each be the FMC in these books. 

Tilly grew up in Fox Grove and is now the vice principal of the high school she used to attend. The story begins with her suddenly being assigned to organize the upcoming ten-year reunion. While this already adds to her stress because of how little was prepared beforehand, she also discovers that she is going to have to work with Walker, football coach, history teacher, and breaker of her heart back in high school. And to make matters worse, he barely acknowledges her when they meet in the principal's office. 

We do also get to see this story from Walker's POV, so we see how much he still cares for Tilly, plus as the story continues, we learn the reason for why he ghosted her at homecoming and broke up with her. 

I loved seeing how they reconnected as they worked together on planning the high school reunion, dealing with all sorts of obstacles along the way. I was rooting for this couple and really hoping they could work things out. I also loved getting to know family members, friends, and other characters. 

This is a wonderful story of faith, forgiveness, and second chances. I couldn't wait to get to meet Tilly's friends, so I actually started book two right away, even though I had other books I was supposed to be reading first. 

I received an e-copy of this book from the publisher and was not required to write a favorable review. These are my own honest thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!