Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with four different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays, the Friday 56, First Line Friday, and Book Blogger Hop.
This week I have one book to share with you.
I'm starting an eARC of The One Who Felt Like Home by Tammy Karasek. This is the second book in the Fox Grove series, a series of three novellas written by three different authors.
Book Beginnings on Friday
(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)
and
First Line Friday
(Please join Carrie for First Line Friday.)
Here is my Book Beginnings/First Line Friday selection:
The One Who Felt Like Home by Tammy Karasek:
"'Hey, waitress! I mean server. I mean. . . oh, whatever. I need a bottle of water. Now!'"
Sort of funny, sort of rude.
Now for:
The Friday 56
The Friday 56 is hosted by Anne from My Head is Full of Books.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.
Here is my Friday 56 selection:
The One Who Felt Like Home by Tammy Karasek:
"She sat with her flight crew by the gate in Dallas, waiting to board for work to Denver and onward to Los Angeles. Her phone rang and startled her. The flight attendant sitting beside her laughed. 'Where were you?'
Gracelyn shrugged and got up to take the call. 'Hi. I'm glad you called.'
'Excited to see you tomorrow. Looking forward to having lunch with you since we didn't get to before you left. Now we can make up for it.'"
Book Blogger Hop.
The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Billy over at Ranblings of a Coffee-Addicted Writer. The hop occurs weekly, starting on Friday and ending the following Thursday, featuring a specific book-related prompt each week. The main goal is to connect bloggers, encouraging them to follow each other, discover new titles, and grow their audience.
This week's question is: What book do you think deserves more love but flies under the radar?
My answer: I'm really not sure how to answer this one as I read almost 100% Christian fiction and I feel that CF as a whole deserves more love. Other than that, I really don't know which books get less love than they deserve
And now it is time to share my current Reviews:
Last week I re-shared the three most recent books I've been reading in my Friday Fun post. I'm still reading two of them, but I did finish the one. Here's the review:




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!