Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fall into Reading Update

Well I am a little late as I just realized there was a question posed last Tuesday over at Callapidder Days in conjunction with Fall into Reading.  I left a comment over at her blog, but thought I would post about it too.

"[She] mentioned in the Fall Into Reading 2010 launch post that every Tuesday this fall, [she] will post a question about reading. Why am I doing this? Well, for one thing, I love reading and talking about reading with others. And for another, I thought it would be a great way to keep Fall Into Reading participants connected throughout the course of the challenge.



So without further ado, here’s your first question, .


What do you think is the biggest obstacle to your reading? What prevents you from reading as much as you’d like?

Here was my answer:

 I know I would read more if I was not blogging and hopping around other’s blogs. The main obstacle, however, is the baby not letting me read now while she is nursing. When she was younger I could, now she gets distracted, or doesn’t want me distracted. So when I have free time, like now after the kids are in bed or during naps I am more likely to be found on the computer than buried in a book as I once used to be. I do take my book in the car if I am not driving and get some good reading time usually, but that doesn’t happen very often. The bathroom is a favorite reading place too, always has been.

Now for the update:
So far I have read one book not on my list:
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

And I am reading another one not on my list:
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (the 2nd book in the series)

I am in the middle of Masquerade, a book that is actually on my list. 

One is in the upstairs bathroom, the other downstrairs. I did take Masquerade with me in the car yesterday as we traveled to the Buffalo Bills game. I know I have to read this one as I received it to review.  But I have had a really hard time putting down The Hunger Games series.  In fact the last books that were this hard for me to put down were the Twilight Series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!