Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: Mockingjay

teasertuesdays31

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
I'm was a little behind the times as usual, only just recently learning about The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins.  I do have to say having this book blog has really introduced me to a bunch of books I would never had read otherwise.  Anyhow, while I didn't have to wait for the conclusion of the trilogy because I started reading it right after Mockingjay was released I am still engrossed in this series, a lot more than I ever thought possible.  I am having a really hard time putting these books down.  The first two were amazing.  Maybe I am preaching to the choir and everyone who reads my blog has already read the books.  However if you didn't I would definitely recommend them.  I just finished my review of The Hunger Games, the first book, and I will write the review for Catching Fire shortly.  Right now, I am a short way into Mockingjay, which is where my teaser for Teaser Tuesday comes from.

page 82, "Now that the flurry of activity leading up to this mission is over, I realize I have no idea what I'm facing on this trip to District 8.  In fact, I know very little about the actual state of the war."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!