Friday, August 31, 2018

Friday Fun - August 31st, 2018

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

We are still waiting for books 4, 5, and 6 of the Keeper of the Lost Cities series by Shannon Messenger to become available through interlibrary loan. It may be a couple more weeks. In the meantime, I finished The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer, and today I started the second book titled The Enchantress Returns. So, today I will be featuring just the one book.


Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my book beginnings for The Land of Stories: The Enchantress Returns by Chris Colfer.

"The East was in a period of great celebration. Daily parades marched through the village streets, every home and shop was decorated in colorful banners and wreaths, and handfuls of flower petals were thrown and floated through the air."

Such a wonderful glimpse at what the Eastern Kingdom, formally known as the Sleeping Kingdom, has become since Alex and Connor left the Fairy Tale realm at the end of the first book. Sadly, the reader knows that this is the calm before the storm, seeing as the Enchantress is known from the first book to be the one who cast the Sleeping curse on Sleeping Beauty. Can't wait to see where the story is going to go from here.

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections. 

The Land of Stories: The Enchantress Returns by Chris Colfer

"Conner realized he wanted to get Alex's input on all of this. But as he reached their house, he came to a halt. There was something there he didn't expect to see.

The front door flew open before Conner could open it himself. Alex was standing on the other side, wide-eyed and white-faced."

12 comments:

  1. Is this a family project reading these middle grade novel series? You referred to "we", so I was wondering. My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne,
      Actually, the "we" I am referring to is my daughter and I. I guess I didn't quite explain that in this week's post, but we are both reading the series. I have already read it once, and am on my second time through. She is reading it for the first time. For me, I just tend to read juvenile and young adult books more than adult books, though I do have some adult books waiting for me in my TBR pile.
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like intriguing fantasy. I hope you are enjoying it. This week I'm spotlighting The Plot is Murder by V. M. Burns - a mystery within a mystery from my TBR mountain. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy,
      Yes, it is quite good. Not quite as good as others I have read, but still fun. And my daughter is quite hooked. Your book sounds interesting too. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. This is a super looking book, I've not read these, but they're on my radar, i can tell you! LOL They look and sound great.

    Here's my Friday post! Enjoy your weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there. It really is a great book series. Well, the first one was, and this second book is great so far. Would definitely recommend it. Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  4. I've heard good things about this book. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Breanna,
      Funnily enough, before I started reading them, I had never heard about them. I saw them on the display at the library and knew they were something I would enjoy. And I was right. Would definitely recommend the series.

      Delete
  5. I really want to give these books a try. I hear they are good. Did you enjoy the first one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness yes! And my daughter is up to the third book and can't put it down. I would definitely recommend giving them a try. Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  6. Sounds very interesting! Happy Labor day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been eyeing this series. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!