Friday, June 3, 2022

Friday Fun - June 3rd, 2022

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

I read Who Murdered Mr. Malone? by Hope Callaghan for one of my challenges last month. I needed a book written by an indie author that had to do with flowers or gardens.


I am currently reading Meet Me in the Margins by Melissa Ferguson. I originally put this on hold for one of my April challenges. I ended up reading another book, but this one sounded so interesting, I decided to hold onto it. It's due back at the library, so it is my first read for June. 


Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my book beginnings for Who Murdered Mr. Malone? by Hope Callaghan.

"Gloria Rutherford eased Annabelle, her 1989 Mercury Grand Marquis, into the post office parking lot. After several slick maneuvers, she squeezed into an empty spot. She shut the car off, grabbed her purse and pushed the driver's side door open."

I just found it interesting that she had named her car. 

And here is my book beginnings for Meet Me in the Margins by Melissa Ferguson.

"From: Clair Donovan
Received: 9:17 AM
To: Savannah Cade
Subject: Manuscript?

Savannah,
Have you made any more progress on that book idea you brought up to me at conference last year? I was just sitting in an editorial meeting, and your story came to mind."

I was looking forward to learn more about the book Savannah was writing. 

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections.

Who Murdered Mr. Malone? by Hope Callaghan 

"The stakeout wasn't at all exciting. On top of that, she would need to find a bathroom after drinking copious amounts of coffee." 

Meet Me in the Margins by Melissa Ferguson

"The handwriting looks pretty pretentious, doesn't it? Cursive and short in width yet still making a show of all the t's and d's and b's. All in a bold black ink. The dot of each i is missing, as if the writer was too busy and important to worry about such insignificant details. Pretty annoying, actually. I have a sudden itch to dot each one."

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading lighter books and cozies now and again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both sound like great reads!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!