Friday, July 8, 2022

Friday Fun - July 8, 2022

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

I absolutely loved the Holly series by C.C. Warrens and had been waiting patiently to be able to afford to buy her new book Firefly Diaries. Then I noticed it was available on Kindle Unlimited. Of course I grabbed it up and finished it in just over 24 hours. Around 3am in the morning actually. Another great book by a great author.


I also finished When Twilight Breaks by Sarah Sundin and started reading Until Leaves Fall in Paris. They are technically stand alone novels, but I love how the story sort of continues as one of the main characters was introduced in the first book, and the main characters from the first book are briefly brought up in the second. Oh, and I'm already over halfway through.


Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my book beginnings for Firefly Diaries by C.C. Warrens.

"The dashboard rattled as the car idled at the intersection, and Maddie smacked it a few times. Like beating up the old piece of junk would make it work better. This car had more sound effects than her cell phone."

Well, the book is a suspense book, so a car with lots of issues might just be a problem for Maddie. 

And here is my book beginnings for Until Leaves Fall in Paris by Sarah Sundin.

"As long as she kept dancing, Lucille Girard could pretend the world wasn't falling apart."

I'm sure lots of people felt the world was falling about during WWII.

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections.

Firefly Diaries by C.C. Warrens
 
"Puffs of steam escaped Derek's parted lips as he lay facedown in the overgrown grass, heart thundering in his chest.
He'd switched off his flashlight and dropped to the ground, letting the darkness conceal him from the shooter." 

Until Leaves Fall in Paris by Sarah Sundin

"In his office he checked his attaché case. Deep in a pocket in the lid, a sealed envelope held his typed report. At the embassy he'd address it to Jim Duffy and have them send it in a diplomatic pouch."

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE C.C. Warren's books!! They are so good! I have not read this one by Sarah Sundin yet! Happy reading and have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of Firefly Diaries. I am intrigued!

    I'm writing about Deadly Keepsakes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They both sound great but I love Sundin's stories! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!