Friday, September 15, 2023

Friday Fun - September 15, 2023

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

This week I have two books to share with you. 

I just finished an eARC of Crossroads by C.C. Warrens as a member of her early reader team. This is the newest book in her Holly series. You can read my review here.


I am currently reading an ARC of the second book in the Frontier Hearts series by Andrea Byrd, Redemption in the Wilderness. I shared my review of the first book. Rescue in the Wilderness a few months ago. 


              
Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my Book Beginnings for Crossroads by C.C. Warrens:

"Despite the warm May temperature, memories shivered through my bones-bones that had been bruised and broken under the roof of the two-story structure in front of me."

Oh no, what was Holly doing back at the foster home where she suffered such abuse?

And here is my Book Beginnings for Redemption in the Wilderness by Andrea Byrd:

Margaret Blair's heart pounded in her ears as she aimed her father's rifle.

Why was Margaret in need of her father's rifle? Was there danger?

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections.

Crossroads by C.C. Warrens:
 
"I popped onto my toes, nose brushing the edge of the window frame, and squinted through the grungy bottom of the screen. What was wrong with the people who built this church? Didn't they realize short people wanted to snoop too?"

Redemption in the Wilderness by Andrea Byrd:

"Margaret grinned as she hovered over the spread of food on the table. Beef, carrots, green beans, and bread adorned the small wooden square. And she had not burned a single thing."

2 comments:

  1. Both of these sound good. I especially like the sound of Crossroads. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on Crystal's launch team as well, but haven't gotten to it yet! I have a few more I need to read first, but I can't wait to read it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!