Friday, September 1, 2023

Friday Fun - September 1, 2023

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

This week I have two books to share with you. 

I just finished A Worthy Pursuit by Karen Witemeyer. This is my second book by this author and I loved it. I'm so glad it was recommended for one of my reading challenges. I needed a book with a bounty hunter.


Plus I just started A Midnight Dance by Joanna Davidson Politano. This is another book for one of my reading challenges. I'm a bit behind, as this one is for August. 


              
Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my Book Beginnings for A Worthy Pursuit by Karen Witemeyer:

"'I'm closing the school, Miss Atherton, and that's my final word on the subject.'"
 
Disappointing. I wanted to know why.

And here is my Book Beginnings for A Midnight Dance by Joanna Davidson Politano:

"He was so very blue"

That could be concerning, or just a curiosity. Definitely wanted to read more to see why someone was blue. 

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here is my Friday 56 selection.

A Worthy Pursuit by Karen Witemeyer:
 
"Then her eyes rested on his feet. Stone grimaced as he unconsciously wiggled his toes. A man should be wearing his boots when someone took his measure. Not be standing around in his stocking feet. Especially when one sock had a hole on the outer edge."

A Midnight Dance by Joanna Davidson Politano:

"'The choice was certainly not mine.' I caught sight of myself in the long mirror across from the bed as I heard those words leave my mouth, and suddenly I saw her. I saw Mama in the lift of my chin and the defensive way I spoke, and it horrified me, as if I'd spotted a ghost in the mirror."

2 comments:

  1. I love the humor in Karen Witemeyer's books! I love listening to them on audio. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both sound like good reads to me! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!