Saturday, July 1, 2023

Fairest of Heart by Karen Witemeyer Review

 


Oh my goodness, what a wonderful book. I loved the premise of this book, a western retelling of Snow White. It was better than I ever imagined. If I didn't have to take care of my family, you know cook food and clean the house, I would have sat there reading it straight through. As it was, I had trouble putting it down to get anything done. I read it in just over 24 hours. 

Instead of a princess with a wicked stepmother who uses magic, we had a maid serving a self-absorbed actress who used her feminine wiles and acting skills. 

Penelope Snow has dealt with her share of trama and heartbreak. She finds herself in the employ of Madame LaBelle who is a coniving, narcissistic actress who is also very demanding and harsh. They are part of an acting troupe making their way through Texas. 

Titus Kingsley is a Texas Ranger who has also dealt with his share of heartbreak and devastation. He comes across Penelope who is in dire straits but because of his past, he isn't sure whether she can be trusted or not. 

Penelope ends up staying at the Diamond D Ranch with Titus Kingley's grandfather and six drovers or cowboys. That would be seven drovers in total. .

I love all the little details that the author includes that connect this story to the Snow White tale, while making it her own western story filled with cowboys, intrigue, danger, adventure, and love. All the while the author also weaves in faith and the importance of trusting in Christ and surrending to Him. 

Definitely a book I highly recommend. And I can't wait to read more of the author's books.


1 comment:

  1. I had this one checked out of the library but didn't get time to read it :( I will have to get it again sometime. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!