Friday, July 7, 2023

Ring of Secrets by Roseanna M. White Review

 


I absolutely loved Ring of Secrets by Roseanna M White, the first book of the Culper Ring series. I wasn’t sure if I would fall in love with this book as much as I loved her Shadows Over England series or her Codebreakers series. However, I was thrilled to find that I loved this first book of this series. I fell in love with the characters and I needed to know what was going to happen.

I loved that Winter was a female and a part of the Culper Spy Ring. I really started to feel for her as she was dealing with so much, and I couldn’t stand the way she was treated by certain people. I love the way she hid behind a mask but Bennet Lane was so intrigued because he could see there was more to her. Of course that notched up the suspense, because it appeared he was out to find the Patriot spies. I loved seeing their relationship evolve, but wondered how they could ever be together if they were on opposite sides.

There were some twists that took me by surprise which I always like in a book. And faith was an important part of Winter’s life.

I found it quite interesting to learn about the Culper Ring, which I had never heard about. And I was intrigued to learn which of the characters were real life people, though a couple were obvious, though one is only talked about, never met face to face.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!