Saturday, April 23, 2022

Friday Fun - April 22nd, 2022

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

I read The Writing Desk by Rachel Hauck. This was such a great dual-timeline book. I'm really beginning to enjoy this type of book. 


I'm in the middle of reading Then Sings My Soul by Amy K. Sorrells.


I also decided to start Once Upon a Prince by Rachel Hauck after I realized it would fulfill one of my challenges for this month as it was made into a movie. 


Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my book beginnings for The Writing Desk by Rachel Hauck.

"This should be her night of triumph. To be the queen of her world. An acclaimed, bestselling, award-winning author with the literati bowing at her feet.
But tears snuck along the rims of her eyes, blurring the Manhattan scene slowly passing beyond the limousine's window."

Well Tenley wasn't having a great day it appeared. Feeling a bit of heartache here. 

Here is my book beginnings for Then Sings My Soul by Amy K. Sorrells

"Josef Maevski's calloused fingers pressed the brilliant-blue stone against the grit of the turntable as he tried not to rush. 
Just the other day, he'd held a half-polished piece of garnet the size of a small strawberry and as crimson red as wine. He had spent hours peering through the loupe, exploring and creating mental maps of the stone's grain, minuscule fractures, and ancient bubbles trapped as the forces of nature formed them."

It was like, oh-oh, sounds like he's getting ready to possibly ruin this stone like he did a previous one. I sure hope not. I was also thinking, I am hoping there isn't too much detail when it comes to the stone work in the book as it might get tedious.

And here is my book beginnings for Once Upon a Prince, also by Rachel Hauck

"What did he say? The storm gusts moving over the Atlantic must have garbled his words.
'I can't marry you'?"

Well that was cutting straight to the chase. From the back cover of the book, I knew this was going to happen, but didn't realize it would be the opening scene.

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections.

The Writing Desk by Rachel Hauck

"The guests offered slight head bows and practiced curtsies. Eli greeted each one. Alfonse was right, the lasses were beautiful. But he desired to see only one. Birdie."

The Sings My Soul by Amy K. Sorrells

"Jakob had grown weak, feverish, and even more scrawny than he had been when they left Europe. He could not move as fast as Peter, nor could he help but yelp as Mrs. McGafney pulled him by the ear to get him going."

Once Upon a Prince by Rachel Hauck

"'Angioplasty in the morning. I'll be as good as new. Too stubborn to die. Only forty-eight. Planning on walking you down the aisle.' In that moment, Daddy's eyes met hers with a clear focus. 'I'm sorry about Adam, kitten. You always wanted the one true love, didn't you?'"

1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!