Sunday, May 1, 2022

Friday Fun - April 29th, 2022

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

I continued with the Royal Wedding series by Rachel Hauch and read Princess Ever After.


I also read the novella Bourne by Lisa T. Bergren, part of the River of Time series. 



Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my book beginnings for Princess Ever After by Rachel Hauck.

"She'd found bliss. Perhaps even true love. Behind the wheel of a '71 Dodge Challenger restored to Slant-6 perfection."

Well that wasn't quite how I expected the third sentence to go. LOL

Here is my book beginnings for Bourne by Lisa T. Bergren

"'M'lady! They approach!' the guard yelled down to us from the walls.
'Thank God,' I muttered, taking my first full breath in what seemed like hours. Ever since the battle had ended the night before, Sienese patrols had circulated in and out of Castello Forelli, to drop off wounded, reprovision, rest, and head out again."

I was glad to see we seemed to be starting off right where Torrent left off. Approximately.

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections.

Princess Ever After by Rachel Hauck

"'As a matter of fact, I got around to it. A few months later.' Daddy's voice drew in Reggie's heart and attention. 'One night after supper, I was sitting by her bed and, well, you know'- Daddy chuckled as if it all seemed so silly now- I said, 'Gram, before Bettin died, she said something about being a princess.'"

Bourne by Lisa T. Bergren

"He bowed and then kissed my hand, purposefully not answering. Then he straightened, still holding my hand in his. ''Tis Firenze's own question, now.' His eyes were gentle, on mine. 'And best you not know the details. For your own safety.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!