Monday, May 2, 2022

Reading Challenges 2022 April

Here is what I read for my reading challenges in April: 

                             


For April, I read The Writing Desk by Rachel Hauck. 

I decided to read the next book in the River of Time series by Lisa T. Bergren which was a novella. Bourne is set in Italy, a place I have always wanted to visit because my father's family is from Italy. Though, I don't think I want to live in 1300 Italy.


I am reading Then Sings My Soul by Amy K. Sorrells. The flashbacks in the story take place in Ukraine and other Eastern European countries.


I read Once Upon a Prince by Rachel Hauck.

Plus someone in my Avid Readers of Christian Fiction group came up with this challenge:

Pick which level you want to do and choose from these prompts! Happy reading!

Level 1: 12 books- success!

Level 2: 25 books- success!

Level 3: 50 books

Level 4: All 75!

I read 7 books in January for this challenge.

I read 7 books in February for this challenge. 

I read 9 books in March for this challenge (I can't count Keturah or Veiled in Smoke yet as I haven't finished them.)

I read 10 book in April for this challenge.

Red: No clue

Blue: Have a book in mind 

Green: Read

Orange: Can be for more than one, need to choose

Read a book...

1. With a verb in the title

2. With an infant or child on the cover: Then Sings My Soul by Amy K Sorrells

3. With a tree on the cover: Forsaken Island by Sharon Hinck (my thoughts)

4. With a pink cover: The Writing Desk by Rachel Hauck (my thoughts)

5. Set in the mountains: Woman in Shadow by Carrie Stuart Parks (my thoughts)

6. Set during your favorite season

7. That includes your favorite holiday: Holly Jolly Christmas by C.C. Warrens (my thoughts)

8. With a building on the cover: Captives by Jill Williamson (my thoughts)

9. Published the month you were born: Bookshop by the Sea

10. That has a dual timeline: The Curse of Misty Wayfair by Jamie Jo Wright (my thoughts)

11. Recommended by an author you enjoy

12. With little to no romance: Crossed Off by C.C. Warrens (my thoughts)

13. Published in 2022

14. That is a debut novel

15. Written in first person POV: Luminary by Krista McGee (my thoughts)

16. By a male author

17. Written by multiple authors

18. By an author who writes with a pen name

19. By an author who has multiple award winning books Relative Silence by Carrie Stuart Parks (my thoughts)

20. That is also a movie or tv series: Once Upon a Prince by Rachel Hauck (my thoughts)

21. That you choose because of the cover: Dust by Kara Swanson (my thoughts)

22. Reread a favorite

23. That makes you laugh

24. A genre outside your comfort zone

25. That has been on your tbr list for a long time

26. A book with multiple POV: The Tinderbox by Beverly Lewis (my thoughts)

27. Less than 250 pages long

28. Written before the year 2000.

29. That has a number in the title

30. Set in Asia or Africa: Ghost Heart by Lisa Harris and Lynne Gentry (my thoughts)

31. Based on a true story or event: Veiled in Smoke by Jocelyn Green (my thoughts)

32. That is part of a series: Revolutionary by Krista McGee (my thoughts)

33. With a title that doesn't include the word "the": Injustice for All by C.C. Warrens (my thoughts)

34. Set during WWII

35. That is considered fantasy

36. A novella of a series you enjoyed: Bourne by Lisa T. Bergren

37. With a main character that is a POC: Imperfect Justice by C.C. Warrens (my thoughts)

38. Set somewhere you've been: A Mosaic of Wings (first part set in Ithaca NY) (my thoughts)

39. Over 400 pages long

40. Featuring a teacher or principle

41. With a main character over the age of 50

42. A book that could be considered scary or intimidating

43. That features a game (chess, tag, board game, etc) or sport

44. By an indie author

45. With a title or story element that relates to the ocean

46. Featuring a coffee shop or cafe

47. With a musician, singer, or songwriter

48. With a dystopian or utopian theme or element: Anomaly by Krista McGee (my thoughts)

49. That is historical fiction: A Name Unknown by Roseanna M White (my thoughts)

50. With a main character that has red hair: Criss Cross by C.C. Warrens (my thoughts)

51. With a character that has a mental or physical disability: Cross Fire by C.C. Warrens (my thoughts)

52. A feel good book

53. A beach read

54. By an author who shares your last initial: Outcasts (my thoughts)

55. Featuring an artist, writer, or photographer: Fragments of Fear by Carrie Stuart Parks (my thoughts)

56. That includes dance: Hidden Current by Sharon Hinck (my thoughts)

57. That has your favorite color on the cover

58. With a rainbow or multicolored cover

59. Set at a tavern, inn, or hotel: A Stranger’s Game by Colleen Coble (my thoughts)

60. By an author you’ve never read before: Waterfall by Lisa T. Bergren (my thoughts)

61.That is a graphic novel or has illustrations

62. A book that involves a fortune or treasure

63. With a fruit or vegetable on the cover

64. That involves a family feud

65. With the enemies to lovers trope

66. A book that is a best seller

67. With royal or noble characters: Princess Ever After by Rachel Hauck

68. By an author who is no longer writing

69. That is considered women’s fiction

70. That is a tearjerker

71. Featuring a character that is in politics: Torrent by Lisa T. Bergren (my thoughts)

72. With a women in a STEM career field: Cascade by Lisa T. Bergren (my thoughts)

73. With a sun or moon on the cover: Keturah by Lisa T. Bergren (my thoughts)

74. A book with a one word title: Rebels by Jill Williamson (my thoughts)

75. Written by a European author

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!