Friday, December 2, 2022

Friday Fun - December 2, 2022

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

This week I have a couple of books to share with you. 

I read Fear Has a Name by Creston Mapes. Originally I read it because I thought it was going to count for one of my reading challenge prompts. Then I realized I had the wrong book. But, that was find, because the book was wonderful, and it was a quick read. I couldn't put it down. 


I'm currently reading Happily Ever After by Susan May Warren. This one IS for one of my reading challenges. I needed a book that features a coffee shop/cafe. Plus, I've been hearing great things about this author, so I figured it was time to read one of her books.  
                                                                                                                                                                     

Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my book beginnings for Fear Has a Name by Creston Mapes:

"The husky man lurking outside the front door of Pamela Crittendon's house carried a black leather satchel, like a doctor's bag.
Hiding behind a column between the foyer and dining room, Pamela could see the stranger through one of the narrow vertical windows situated on each side of the door."

Starting off on a bit of a creepy side here. Who was this guy? Yes, it drew me right in.

Here is my book beginnings for Happily Ever After by Susan May Warren:

"He barely escaped with his shirt.
'I am never signing another book as long as I live.' Reese Clark's voice echoed like a gunshot through the five-story Mall of America parking garage."

Sounds like someone was having a bad day.

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections.

Fear Has a Name by Creston Mapes:
 
"For once, Jack didn't have a comeback for Cecil. Goose bumps rose on his arms and gave his entire frame a chill. It was one of the few times his editor had shown any sort of personal interest or commitment, and it felt good."

Happily Ever After by Susan May Warren:

"She was going to murder Liza when she got home. She had told her roommate she wasn't interested in Brian Whitney, and now she knew why. He was too glitzy, too smooth. Not her type. Again, reality proved her dream man a figment of her imagination."

5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed Happily Ever After and hope you do as well! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creepy opening. Seeing soeone lurking around my house/yard is one of my nightmares. Hold your heart! https://headfullofbooks.blogspot.com/2022/12/review-and-quotes-abuela-dont-forget-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your little comments after the 1st sentences - made me smile "sounds like someone is having a bad day" - ha!
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  4. They both sound good to me but I liked every Warren book I've read and there's been a few. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They both sound good, I do love a good thriller! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!