Friday, December 30, 2022

Friday Fun - December 30, 2022

Welcome to my last Friday Fun post of 2022. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

This week I have two books to share with you. 

I read Between Sundays by Karen Kingsbury. I needed a book that featured a game or sport for one of my reading challenges. I wasn't sure how much I would like this book, but it turns out I loved it and can't wait to read more by this author. I'm also quite excited because finishing this book means I completed all the challenges in the 75 book challenge.
       

I just started The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis. This book will fulfill the requirement for one of my November challenges, reading a literary classic. Once I finish this book, I will have completed every single challenge I participated in this year. 


              
Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my book beginnings for Between Sundays by Karen Kingsbury:

"The ache in Amy Brigg's chest hurt worse than before, and every breath came with a frightening wheeze. A wheeze no cough could loose. Not that she had the strength. She'd taken ibuprofen and hour ago, but still her fever raged."

This was from the prologue, and from reading the description of the book, I knew Amy was going to die. Such a sad beginning.

And here is my book beginnings for The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis:

"Once there were four children whose names were Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy. This story is about something that happened to them when they were sent away from London during the war because of the air-raids."

Having watched the movies a few times, I had forgotten that the book doesn't start with the children in London during the air-raids. But there is only this short mention.
Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections.

Between Sundays by Karen Kingsbury:
 
"The team had nothing to worry about. Bill had paid off women before. No one would ever find out. Besides, he really had thought the girl was older. She lied to him, trapped him. Now she had what she wanted. She was a snake, and Aaron should've seen through her."

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis:

"'Just as if any of us would want to waste half the morning trailing round with a crowd of strange grown-ups!' said Edmund, and the other three thought the same. That was how the adventures began for the second time."

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on completing all your reading challenges (which I'm sure you will do!).

    I really enjoyed The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe and the rest of the series. It's such a great series. I haven't read anything by Kingsbury, but I have heard many good things about her books. I am glad you loved Between Sundays. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. Wishing you the best for 2023!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed Between Sundays and hope you do as well! Have a great weekend, happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!