Sunday, December 25, 2022

Friday Fun - December 23, 2022 (a couple of days late)

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

This week I have two books to share with you. 

I read The Saturday Night Supper Club by Carla Laureano. I needed a book with a fruit or vegetable on the cover for one of my reading challenges. I wasn't sure how much I would like this book, but it turns out I loved it and can't wait to read the rest of the books in the series.
                         

I just started A Wreath of Snow by Liz Curtis Higgs. This book will fulfill the requirement for all of my December challenges. It's a holiday story, specifically Christmas, it's a novella, and it takes place in another country.


              
Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my book beginnings for The Saturday Night Supper Club by Carla Laureano:

"Three hours into Saturday night dinner service and she was already running on fumes.
Rachel Bishop rubbed her forehead with the back of her sleeve and grabbed the newest round of tickets clattering through on the printer. "

Busy, busy, busy.

And here is my book beginnings for A Wreath of Snow by Liz Curtis Higgs:

"In all her twenty-six years, Meg Campbell had never been this cold. Shivering inside her green woolen coat, she passed the crowded shops of Murray Place as the snow fell thick and fast."

It made me curious why she was out and about on Christmas Eve, especially when it was so cold out.

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections.

The Saturday Night Supper Club by Carla Laureano:
 
"Right when it seemed like his publishing career was dead, someone else's controversy had brought it back to life. and now he was benefiting from it. But what else could he do? Viral was exactly that-the story was already far beyond his control."

A Wreath of Snow by Liz Curtis Higgs:

"'Our family dines at eight. My mother prides herself on serving a fine meal on Christmas Eve,' Meg told him as vivid recollections of past holidays swept over her. 'Roasted pork with apples. Carrots, potatoes, and turnips. Fresh bread tied in a thick braid and drenched in butter. . .' Her voice trailed off into a melancholy silence. Her place at the table would be empty tonight."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!