Saturday, December 10, 2022

Friday Fun - December 9, 2022

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

This week I have one book to share with you. 

I read Cold Dead Night by Lisa Phillips. I have had a couple of her books on my KU for a while, but hadn't gotten to them. Then I realized that she was European, so this book would fulfill one of my challenge prompts. 


                                                                                                                                                                  
Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my book beginnings for Cold Dead Night by Lisa Phillips:

"If Kenna didn't run fast enough, a child would die tonight.
Each breath puffed a visible cloud from her mouth and into the cold air as she raced down the alley past shoveled mounds of crusty gray snow that had fallen a week ago."

Well, that first line was definitely enough to grab and keep my attention. 

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections.

Cold Dead Night by Lisa Phillips:
 
"'I know I'm not a cop anymore.' She folded her arms, the familiar twinge in her forearms a solid reminder of all she'd lost. What had been cut away from her life seemed to hang around still. Like phantom pain. 'If I can help-'"

1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!