Saturday, January 14, 2023

Friday Fun - January 13, 2023

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

This week I have one book to share with you. 

I've been wanting to read Counterfeit Love by Crystal Caudill for a while. My library system finally got it in, but I still had to wait as I was trying to get through my challenges. Thankfully, Counterfeit Love fulfills the prompts for a couple of my January reading challenges. It's a book by an author I've never read before, a book about spies, and a debut novel. 
       

              
Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my book beginnings for Counterfeit Love by Crystal Caudill:

"'I don't understand why we can't marry sooner. Cincinnati doesn't require your grandfather's consent.'
Not this topic again. Theresa sighed as her fiancé tilted the umbrella to shield her from falling sleet and helped her into the closed carriage."

Had to wonder if Theresa was really giving her consent. 


Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections.

Innocent Lives by Julie Bonn Blank:
 
"'Not anymore. Chief Brooks assigned me as lead.' He withdrew official letterhead from his coat and passed it to Broderick. 'To do business with koniackers, you have to think like them, not make pals of them.'"

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to look up what a koniacker is..... Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. both books are new to me.. Counterfeit Love does sound interesting.. My Book Beginnings is here

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!