Friday, April 21, 2023

Friday Fun - April 21, 2023

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

This week I have two books to share with you. 

I'm on the launch team for the second book of the Blue Sky series by Cali Black. I had the opportunity to read the first book, Blue Skies, Blue Eyes first, which I really appreciated because I prefer to read books in order so I can get to know the characters. Happily, it even worked for one of my monthly challenges
       

I am currently reading an ARC of The Game by Cali Black. This is the second book in the Blue Sky series, and the one I am on the launch team for. This book will be releasing next week!


              
Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my Book Beginnings for Blue Skies, Blue Eyes by Cali Black:

"Carrie's pulse quickened, her hands tightening on the steering wheel as the car swerved. The loose snow at the edge of the dark road kept pulling her off course."

Well that beginning pulled me right in. I was curious at first whether this was from the past or current day. That was cleared up quite fast. 

And here is my Book Beginnings for The Game by Cali Black:

"Beau West stepped through the front doors of the Blue Sky Lodge, his hot coffee sloshing around in the oversized foam cup he'd found near the barn coffee pot."

Sort of an unremarkable beginning, except having read the first book it was exciting to know where he was. 

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections.

Blue Skies, Blue Eyes by Cali Black:
 
"Beau surveyed the shocking and disgusting sight. Dirty shirts and socks littered the floor. Entire plates of uneaten food, newspapers, and random junk covered the kitchen table and countertops. Clay had more than his usual shadow of a beard, bags under his eyes, and was visibly thinner. Concerning."

The Game by Cali Black:

"He looked away for a moment and then turned his whole body back to her, so he could look her in the eye. 'Maisie, I'm afraid I'm going to screw this up with you by moving too fast. I told you I've never moved slow with a woman.'"

1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!