Saturday, April 1, 2023

Reading Challenges 2023: March Update

Here is what I read for my challenges in March:


I read Stay With Me by Jody Hedlund. I also realized four more books I read had green on the covers: Her Darkest Secret by Jessica R. Patch, Bridge of Gold by Kimberley Woodhouse, Dark of Night by Colleen Coble, and The Mistletoe Inn by Richard Paul Evans.


I read Bridge of Gold by Kimberley Woodhouse.


I read The Wonderland Trials by Sara Ella.


I read Stay With Me by Jody Hedlund. I also realized four more books I read had green on the covers. Her Darkest Secret by Jessica R. Patch. Bridge of Gold by Kimberley Woodhouse. Dark of Night by Colleen Coble. And The Mistletoe Inn by Richard Paul Evans.


I read Enamored by Jody Hedlund. 



In January I read books that are set in the following states:

California: Taken in the Night by Elizabeth Goddard
Ohio: Counterfeit Love by Crystal Caudill
Oregon: Innocent Lives and Innocent Voices by Julie Bonn Blank
Pennsylvania: The Timepiece by Beverly Lewis 
South Carolina: Impending Strike by Sami A. Abrams/Lynette Eason
Washington: The Christmas Cat by Melody Carlson

In February I read books that are set in the following states:

Colorado: In the Midst of the Storm and In the Midst of the Darkest Hour by Latisha Sexton.
Indiana: Love Finds You in Liberty, Indiana by Melanie Dobson
Texas: The Inheritance Games, The Hawthorne Legacy, and The Final Gambit by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

In March I read books that are set in the following states:

Illinois: The Secret Life of Sarah Hollenbeck by Bethany Turner
Michigan: Dark of Night by Colleen Coble
Tennessee: Her Darkest Secret by Jessica R. Patch
Utah: The Mistletoe Promise by Richard Paul Evans
Vermont: The Mistletoe Inn by Richard Paul Evans 


In January I read books that are set in the following European Countries:

England: An Hour Unspent by Roseanna M. White
Switzerland: Heidi by Johanna Spyri

I also decided I was going to read one Christmas book each month

In January I read The Christmas Cat by Melody Carlson. 
In March I read The Mistletoe Promise by Richard Paul Evans and The Mistletoe Inn also by Richard Paul Evans

Finally, someone in my Avid Readers of Christian Fiction group came up with a 55 book challenge:

In January I read 10 books for this challenge
In February I read 7 books for this challenge
In March I read 9 books for this challenge

Read a book...

1-With a pink spine

2- By an author whose name starts with an  A

3- 450 pages or longer

4- Published in 2023: Remember Me by Tracie Peterson (my thoughts)

5- That has won a Christy award

6- With multiple people on the cover: Lethal Intentions by Jennifer Chastain (my thoughts)

7- With a car or truck on the cover

8- That is the third book in a series: An Hour Unspent by Roseanna M. White (my thoughts)

9- That has a map inside: A Divine Romance by Ifueko Ogbomo (my thoughts)

10- A debut novel: In the Midst of the Storm by Latisha Sexton (my thoughts)

11- By an author you’ve never read before:  

12- That has food on the cover

13- Featuring a woman from the Bible: The Prophetess: Deborah's Story by Jill Eileen Smith (my thoughts)

14- With flowers on the cover

15- Featuring a child or teen as the main character: Innocent Voices by Julie Bonn Blank (my thoughts)

16- That you got for free: 

17- Featuring an athlete

18- That you pick because of the cover: Dream of Kings by Sharon Hinck (my thoughts)

19- Recommended by someone you know: Her Deepest Secret by Jessica R. Patch (my thoughts)

20- Set in a cool climate

21- Set during the Great Depression: Bridge of Gold by Kimberley Woodhouse (my thoughts)

22- Featuring friends to lovers: Impending Strike by Sami A. Abrams/Lynnette Eason (my thoughts)

23- Published the month you were born

24- With a blue cover: Wonderland Trials by Sara Ella (my thoughts)

25- With a main character with blonde hair: Innocent Lives by Julie Bonn Blank (my thoughts)

26- Set on an island

27- Set in a different country than you: Heidi by Johanna Spyri (my thoughts)

28- That takes place more than 200 years ago: Stay With Me by Jody Hedlund (my thoughts)

29- That features a member of the military: A Battle Worth Fighting by Sarah Hanks (my thoughts)

30- Set in South or Central America

31- By a male author: The Mistletoe Promise by Richard Paul Evans (my thoughts)

32- Written in first person POV: The Mistletoe Inn by Richard Paul Evans (my thoughts)

33- Featuring a single parent: Dark of Night by Colleen Coble (my thoughts)

34- With a title that starts with B

35- That is a love inspired book: Taken in the Night by Elizabeth Goddard (my thoughts)

36- That involves a wedding

37- With an L in the title: Love Finds You in Liberty, Indiana by Melanie Dobson (my thoughts)

38- By an author from a different country than you

39- With a black cover

40- With a title that has 5 or more words: The Secret Life of Sarah Hollenbeck by Bethany Turner (my thoughts)

41- With an illustrated cover

42- From a genre outside your comfort zone

43- Written by multiple authors

44- Set on a farm: The Timepiece by Beverly Lewis (my thoughts)

45- By an author that has also written nonfiction

46- By an indie author

47- Published in 2012

48- With a sunset on the cover

49- That has cowboys

50- Without any people on the cover

51- By an author who uses a three part name (C.C. Warrens, Ann H. Gabhart)

52- That features a hobby or skill you’d like to learn

53- With a nanny, babysitter, or governess

54- An author with the same two initials: Counterfeit Love by Crystal Caudill (my thoughts)

55- With a pet that isn’t a dog: The Christmas Cat by Melody Carlson (my thoughts)

My Goodreads goal is to read 100 books this year. Last year I had set it at 75 and I ended up reading 115. I think I will be able to meet my 100 book goal. 

I know this seems like a lot, but like last year, I hope to be able to combine challenges where possible. And when I pick books for the monthly challenges, I will try to choose books that take place in different states or countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!