Friday, April 7, 2023

Friday Fun - April 7, 2023

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

This week I have three books to share with you. 

I'm reading The Number of Love by Roseanna M. White. I've been wanting to read this book for a while, ever since learning that the series comes after the Shadows Over England series and includes characters I have come to love. 


I'm also reading Midnight on the River Grey by Abigail Wilson. I'm reading it for one of my monthly challenges
       

I'm also reading A Very Bookish Easter, a collection of four novellas.


              
Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my Book Beginnings for The Number of Love by Roseanna M. White:

"The numbers marched across the page in a glory all their own."

I wasn't quite sure what to make of that first line when I read it, but then I remembered Margot worked in the office where she was helping to break codes during WWI. 

And here is my Book Beginnings for Midnight on the River Grey by Abigail Wilson:

"'Who's there?' My mother's haunted whisper drew me to her bedside."

Why was her mother's whisper haunted? 

And finally, here is my Book Beginnings for A Very Bookish Easter:

As this is a collection of four novellas, I am sharing from the first story by Kelsey Bryant titled, The Prayer Garden.

"The road trip was over at last."

Had to wonder where Nyree had come from and where she was now and why she was there.

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections.

The Number of Love by Roseanna M. White:
 
"Dot's gaze remained fixed on the little sliver of green that would eventually unfold into the park. 'In Spain, my grandfather and his servants actually call my brother Dragon. They refuse to use Drake-they still bear a grudge against Sir Frances Drake there, you know.'"

Midnight on the River Grey by Abigail Wilson:

"I lit the candle at my bedside, my fingers still jittery from my latest visitor. It was my mother this time, gaping at me from the foot of the bed. At least, I thought it was her, a much younger version, her hair done up as she used to wear it when I was a child."

A Very Bookish Easter 
The Prayer Garden by Kelsey Bryant:

"It was Connor's turn to wait, but he waited in vain. Nyree flushed hotter and hotter and still didn't look at him. Finally he said, 'Okay. Like I said, I won't push you. Sorry for being so personal.'"

1 comment:

  1. They all sound good but I am pulled to the Easter book for obvious reasons.... lol.... Happy Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!