Thursday, April 27, 2023

Friday Fun - April 28, 2023

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

This week I have two books to share with you. 

I'm reading my first book by Rachel Fordham, The Hope of Azure Springs. I'm reading this for one of my monthly challenges. I needed a book with a Law Man Hero. It's definitely a hard-to-put-down book.
       

I also started reading The Vanishing at Castle Moreau by Jaime Jo Wright. I've been wanting to read this since before it released. My husband got it for me for my birthday!!


              
Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my Book Beginnings for The Hope of Azure Springs by Rachel Fordham:

"'She dead?'
Em heard a man's voice from somewhere above her."

Well, obviously she wasn't dead, unless they were talking about someone else. Now, to find out why she was almost dead. 

And here is my Book Beginnings for The Vanishing at Castle Moreau by Jaime Jo Wright:

"When I was a little girl, my father would often come to my bedside after my screams wakened him in the night."

Oh dear, why is this girl being awakened so often at night.

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections.

The Hope of Azure Springs by Rachel Fordham:
 
"Pulling the two girls to her sides, Abigail said, 'Oh dear, we don't need more trouble around here. You two stay in the house for now. I don't want you in the store or the yard until I know it's safe.'"

The Vanishing at Castle Moreau by Jaime Jo Wright:

"Castle Moreau might be the residence of Madame Tremblay and her grandson Lincoln, but it was not a home. It was a void. Like a person without a heartbeat. A corpse that lay lifeless with no spirit to inhabit it."

4 comments:

  1. I hope you're enjoying it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sounds of both books! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to wake my parents with night terrors, too. I often wonder why had them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED Rachel Fordham's book and I am looking forward to reading Jaime's! I hope you enjoy them both.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!