Friday, June 16, 2023

Friday Fun - June 16, 2023

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

This week I have two books to share with you. 

I am reading A Portrait of Loyalty by Roseanna M. White. This is the third book in the Codebreakers series and I am loving it as much as the other two books in the series. 
       

I also read Love From Afar by Penny Zeller. This is the first book in Love Letters From Ellis Creek series. The third book from this series just released this past Tuesday.  



              
Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my Book Beginnings for A Portrait of Loyalty by Roseanna M. White:

"He could see it all so clearly. As the renewed rocking of the train lulled his fellow passengers to sleep, Zivon Marin watched the pattern of their movements."
 
Ah, seems we are going to learn more about Zivon and how he ended up in England where we first met him in On Wings of Devotion. This seemed like such a peaceful scene, but I figured something was going to happen soon.

And here is my Book Beginnings for Love from Afar by Penny Zeller:

"Another wedding dress completed.
Another happy ending.
Just never her own."

So, we go from accomplishment, to happiness, to despair? Frustration? Sadness?

I also wanted to share my First Line Friday images for the four books I am on the launch teams for that are releasing within the next two weeks. 





Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections.

A Portait of Loyalty by Roseanna M. White:
 
"He recognized the grumble too-Phillip Camden, one of the few of his new colleagues who always greeted him with an easy smile instead of polite distrust. 'How in blazes am I supposed to decode something in a whole different alphabet? And how the devil can I know which one?'"

Love from Afar by Penny Zeller:

"Gabe shook his head. 'Lula, please tell me you did not write letters to Meredith from me.' If Meredith didn't already think him a buffoon, she certainly would after some crazy letters supposedly from him."

3 comments:

  1. These are interesting snippets. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both sound like great romance reads! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you've organized your 'first lines.' Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!