Friday, June 23, 2023

Friday Fun - June 23, 2023

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

This week I have one book to share with you. 

I am reading The Blackout Book Club by Amy Lynn Green. This was one of 12 books recommended to me at the end of last year for the 12 Recommendations from friends challenge. I'm so glad it was recommended. Such a great book. And I love that there are flashbacks that take place during the time of WWI, as I can picture what was taking place in England in A Portrait of Loyalty by Roseanna M. White (this is a book I shared last week).
       

              
Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my Book Beginnings for The Blackout Book Club by Amy Lynn Green:

"Avis gripped the ladder as her huband climbed, a thick swath of black bunting draped over his shoulder."
 
Well, knowing this is during WWII, I knew what was going on here. 

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections.

The Blackout Book Club by Amy Lynn Green:
 
"She left the library with the date and time of the first discussion, a novel for herself called In the Name of Love, and the satisfaction of doing a good deed. 
Did she have any idea what a book club actually was? Not a clue.
But there would be muffins."

3 comments:

  1. I've not heard of this one. I assume it relates to a book club during the war? I'd read on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd keep reading. Even though I'm not a big fan of WWII settings, I do like stories about libraries and book shops etc. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd go for the muffins too.... lol... Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!