Friday, June 9, 2023

Friday Fun - June 9, 2023

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

This week I have two books to share with you. 

I read an ARC of This is Where it Ends by Cindy K. Sproles as a member of the launch team. This book releases on June 27th. You can read my review here.
       


I am reading On Wings of Devotion by Roseanna M. White, the second book in the Codebreakers series.  


              
Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my Book Beginnings for This is Where it Ends by Cindy K. Sproles:

"My eyes focused as best they could. 'Stately!' I shouted. 'Stately!' In our fifty-some years together, I hardly ever caught the man sittin still. Something was wrong."
 
Oh dear, that didn't sound good. 

And here is my Book Beginnings for On Wings of Devotion by Roseanna M. White:

"A stranger stalking down the street shouldn't make her hands tremble in anticipation."

This sentence started out sounding as if there was some danger, but then quickly turned around.

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections.

This is Where it Ends by Cindy K. Sproles:
 
"Why, good Father? Why now? I've pleaded for You to just take me rather than let me read these sorts of things. You know I'll keep goin till I get my answers, cause I ain't got the wherewithal to stop. This woman has waited too many years to know. I've cried out for Your mercy. Just take me! What in the name of all that is good does lettin me live through this pain bring?"

On Wings of Devotion by Roseanna M. White:

"His smile didn't eclipse the pain. Just joined it as he glanced over at her. 'Now you're getting the picture. According to the papers, I'm a danger to every girl with whom I have a conversation. What do you think he'll believe I've done to you? Knowing what he's done to my sister?'"

4 comments:

  1. I have not read Cindy Sproles, but recently heard of her and grabbed one of her books from a used book store. I hope you enjoy both of these. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, the beginning for This Is Where It Ends seems troubling. So I'm curious about what else happens in that scene.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover is very enticing to me. Wouldn't it be fun to wear such elegant clothes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They both sound like great reads! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!